Wednesday, July 25, 2012

IW: Taiyō Matsumoto's PING PONG

Apologies for the later than normal post. We just moved into a new place today and I just got the computer set up now. For you my dear readers. Mostly for me but still for you...



One of my favorite stories ever is Ping Pong by Taiyō Matsumoto. Breathtaking artwork and refreshing, heartfelt storytelling. In 2002, Fumihiko Sori directed a film based on Taiyō's manga (which turned out to be a brilliant adaptation) which you can find HERE

Here's the trailer...



I may or may not be so in love with this story that I travelled to the town in Japan where the film was shot and tracked down all it's locations. The photo below may or may not be one of me striking a pose from said film at one of it's locations then color corrected to match the final shot in the movie. May or may not be.




When I say love I mean it, folks! If you're looking for an amazing read, a great watch, and an overly geeky, fanboy trip to drag your loving wife to while pregnant, check this tale out in all it's incarnations.





No comments:

Post a Comment